Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Customer Service---Vital for Keeping Customers

I was so excited to go and pick up my new computer. I had purchased it the previous day and had been assured it would be ready when I came to get it. When I arrived, even though it was only 10 minutes after the store opened, there was a huge line and only 2 workers. After waiting in line for 40 minutes, I was finally helped. The technician went to get my computer and then came back with disturbing news...it wasn't ready...he did not know when it would be ready....and there was no explanation for why it was not ready.
Being in sales and working with people, I know that things happen. What I cannot understand is why someone could not have taken the simple step to send me an email or text, or call me...since all that information was on the work order.
This little incident in my life just reminded me how important customer service, keeping promises to customers, and communicating with customers is. With a virtual Etsy store, where you often have strong competiton and many choices, it is even more vital to remember to have great customer service, deliver on your promises, and communicate with the customer, especially if there is a problem.
Keep a customer happy and they will return, thus making you successful in your dream!

No comments: