Monday, June 4, 2012

SUMMERTIME!!

So it is finally here..SUMMER!!!  I know for me it used to be that my list of "to do" became smaller.  :)  The only real thing I had planned was summer swim lessons for the girls and we spent our time hanging out and enjoying whatever we felt like enjoying.

Now that I have four girls and they are spread out in age in seems like summer is even more busy than the school year.  I have difficulty adjusting to the "no schedule schedule" that we seem to have to adopt for these three months.  In between the camps, lessons, reunions, holidays, gardening, church, business etc.  that goes on it seems like I again lose time for just me.

Having compared schedules with the other Etsy Mommies leaders I see that we are all in the same boat.  We are all flying around trying to do this or that and despite it being "vacation" we have more going on than we thought.    This is not something that is specific to people with children either.  With the addition of technology to our lives (which I am grateful for because it allows us to have businesses) it seems that there is never a spare moment in the day.

I would encourage all of us to try and take a minute or two each day to do something for ourselves.  Whatever you like to do just for you, try to squeeze it in because it is important for your mental as well as your physical health.  I know that when I feel a little more rested I am able to accomplish more.

We all are striving to make our lives as well as our businesses a success and I believe that taking time for ourselves each day can help us achieve that goal.  Good luck and I hope you enjoy your "summer vacation."

Image courtesy of CanStockPhoto

1 comment:

Unknown said...

my daughter is in school till the and of school and then the school holidays will start for us
Hopefully I will find time just for myself, I so need few
hours just to sit down and relax,